Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Double Dungeons


System: TurboGrafX 16

Cheats Used: None

This straightforward yet challenging game is an old-school dungeon crawler viewed from a first person perspective. The objective is simple: Run around a dungeon killing monsters to gain experience and gold to upgrade your weapons, then find the boss and defeat it. Once the boss is defeated, you move on to the next dungeon. This game, which is notable for being the first two-player RPG, has been criticized for being overly long, boring and tedious. Personally, I think it’s kind of fun and I imagine it would be even more fun with two players, but I can definitely see where it could get tedious after awhile. It took me a couple of hours to finish the first dungeon. There are 22 dungeons in all and they get bigger and more complex as you go along. You’d need the patience of a saint to get through them all. I’ll probably do a couple more dungeons myself and then use a password to skip to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment